Duff & Phelps offers experience and reliability in the valuation of machinery and equipment for virtually every industry.
A company requires machinery and equipment valuation to sell, prepare to sell, purchase or confirm insurance of machinery.
Duff & Phelps offers experience and reliability in the valuation of machinery and equipment for virtually every industry. Duff & Phelps professionals estimate depreciation from physical, technological, functional and economic factors, while employing unique computer skills to analyze a company's fixed asset records. Duff & Phelps also performs limited onsite physical inspections. If requested, they undertake detailed physical inventories of a company's machinery and equipment.
Machinery and Equipment Valuation services include:
- Fair Value determination for financial reporting including:
- ASC 805 - Business Combinations
- ASC 360 - Impairment Testing
- Fair Market Value determination for tax purposes including:
- IRC Section 338(h)(10) election
- Corporate structure reorganization and planning
- Intercompany Asset Transfers / Sales
- Estate / Gift Tax
- Property Tax
- ASC 842 - Lease Accounting
- Pre-deal Due Diligence
- Asset-Based Lending – Collateral Financing
- Replacement Cost and/or Actual Cash value determination for insurance placement or loss analysis
- Useful Life / Depreciation studies
- Fixed Asset Inventory / Reconciliation